Monday, August 03, 2009

This from my Tactical Self Defense Instructor. 


1 Aug 09


America in 2009, no good deed goes unpunished:


Last Wednesday, a teller working at a Seattle, WA bank was confronted by a robbery suspect.


The 29-year-old suspect, a slovenly, unkempt, perpetually-unemployed  "transient" (what we used to call a "vagrant"), with a lengthily crimina lrecord, and at the time under the supervision of Washington's Department of Corrections, nervously walked into the bank and demanded money from the first teller he saw.


This teller, instead of handing over a wad of cash, lunged at the startled suspect, knocking him backward.  He then chased the suspect out of the bank and down the street, where he captured him and held him for police.  The suspect was arrested at the scene a short time later.


The bank's predictable response was to fire the heroic teller the following day!  I'm sure they're petrified that the robbery suspect will sue them for  "intentional infliction of emotional distress," so upside-down is our civilization.


What caught my attention were the absurd and demeaning statements made by the local PD, as well as the FBI:


Advice from SPD:


"When confronted by a violent criminal, it is best to comply, unless you feel your personal safety is in jeopardy."


Now, when "confronted by a violent criminal," when am I supposed to think my personal safety is NOT in jeopardy?


These guys need to listen to what they themselves are saying!


From the local FBI/SAC:


"You want tellers to be proactive, but you want them to do it  safely."


Now, how it is possible to be "proactive" safely?  How is it possible  to take any positive action safely?


Once again, this "advice" is self-contradictory nonsense!


Translated into plain English, the message is clear:


(1) We want all American Citizens to think of themselves only as feeble, helpless victims.  Being a "good victim" is your ultimate, civic  duty.


(2) When violent criminals express a desire to rape, maim, and/or murder you, always wait until it is too late to do anything to defend yourself. Never do anything that has any chance of success!


(3) The use of force is the exclusive province of government and criminals.  You peons exist only to serve the former, and entertain the  latter.


(4) Don't be a hero!  We don't like heroes.  We want only timid, frightened, impoverished victims who think they need us.


The real truth is:


(1) You are on your own!  "Protection" provided by police, or the  FBI, is mostly illusion.


(2) Go armed.  Train regularly.


(3) Act at the critical moment!  Use force on your own summary command  and judgement, with enthusiasm, and without apology.  We are Sovereign Citizens and thus entitled to unilaterally protect ourselves via any means necessary.


(4) Be a hero!  This civilization was built by heroes.   Frightened cowards never built anything!


The Imperial State fears Sovereign Citizens...and loves passive, frightened, helpless sheep.


Which one are you?


The Gunslinger




6 comments:

  1. The MIchael Jacksons of the world are the heroes today. Bank tellers like this are chastised!

    Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, my brother....and we shall reap what we sow.

    Which is exactly what I'm worried about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post Gunslinger. I'll comment about this for your reqaders but I kinda get the idea you're a true believer already! (Love the gun pics!)Sorry for the length.

    I've been a cop for 24 years now and this kind of stuff never ceases to amaze and disgust me. Hey folks, even in the small city where I work our average response time is between 2 and 3 minutes (which is actually very very good). That's average. Your mileage may vary. One can get to feeling mighty lonely in those 3 minutes. A fight will most probably be over in a few seconds. Minutes may as well be forever. I've been in a physical fight for my life (not a gunfight though it should have been) and I'm here to tell you it's not fun. Time both expands and contracts. It's very wierd. The point is that if you have actual minutes you can probably talk or run your way out of it. If you are in a life or death situation you're almost certainly going to have seconds only. There is nothing wrong with running or talking (I highly recommend both) but only YOU can make that call and to hell with the monday morning quarterbacks.

    Decide beforehand. Waiting until the excrement hits the rotary impeller is a bad time to decide whether or not you can and are equipped to kill or maim. Play what if games and be prepared to kill or incapacitate everyone you see.

    I like Louis Awerbuck's feelings that (I'm paraphrasing here) it's best to live a life devoted to avoidance and de-escalation. Off duty, I try very hard to live by that. Even on duty to a certain extent (I'd much rather talk someone into handcuffs as opposed to fighting him into them. Eh, call me a wuss but I'm 50 and still serving). I haven't been in even a fistfight since basic training way back in 1977. A fight I lost by the way.

    But. Sometimes the fight finds you and that fight may be for more than your possessions.
    I always tell people to do whatever they deem necessary and reasonable to safeguard their safety and the safety of their loved ones. That may well be doing as told but it may also be to fight as if your life depended on it. Because it just might.

    My wife and I decided a long time ago that hiring a defense attorney to fight a case where she was forced to defend herself to a thugs demise was cheap at the cost. Tried by 12 or carried by 6 aren't just words, they're a choice and a mindset. Just be certain you understand and are prepared for the consequences. A death inquiry can be a devastating experience. Not as devastating as the funeral of a loved one though. Or your own.

    Mental preparation is at least as important as physical. If you can't pull the trigger or make the cut your weapon is less than useless, it's further arming a bad person. Don't be that guy. Get trained and be prepared to use what you've got.

    Don't talk to me other than to say some version of "I feared for my life. I'm very upset right now so I better not answer any questions until I talk to my attorney. Thank you." A good cop doesn't want you to say anymore and you shouldn't be talking to a bad one anyway.

    My wife goes nowhere without a weapon of some kind. One she is trained with and prepared to use and I kinda think that says it all. If you don't have a weapon be prepared to do whatever you have to. I've taught my wife to hit, kick, bite, tear, scratch, scream and even stick a finger in an assailants eye and not to stop until she hits the back of his skull and you better believe she's ready to do it. She'll sell her life very dearly. How can anyone (I'm talking to you here FBI, local PD and prosecutors)expect less for someone else?

    Be prepared to defend your life cause the chances that I or one of my brothers or sisters will just happen to be there to do it for you are depressingly small. We will if we can but you cannot bet your life on it.

    And that's the bottom line
    Cause The Six says so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six, never apologize for a great comment. In fact, I'm posting it...everybody should read it.

    All the good cops I know say the same thing.

    Favorite line of us gun clingers: "When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

    ReplyDelete
  5. In England a farmer living in an isolated farmhouse
    was woken by two thugs breaking into his house. He shot one of them dead - inside his house. They had some 30 previous convictions between them. He is now serving life for murder. The fatuous Chief Constable explained that he should have called the police instead. In a rural district in England the police response time is measured in weeks, not minutes. That is where this "only call the cops" scenario is heading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read about this. I can't stand it. Blood shooting out of my eyes....

    I hope some patriots break him out of prison..and he can emigrate to my house.

    ReplyDelete