Sunday, August 02, 2009

Ûlfhednar

I just read that Wolf Clan in Old Norse is:

"Ûlfhednar"

(I think a close pronunciation would be: 'oolf-hed-nar , with the "oo" sounding like a growling German with emphysema.)

And according to the Mythology book I'm reading, they were guerrilla warriors - who fought singly, ambushing their enemies. You know, sort of like us, in our disparate locations, each on our own, launching our postcard missiles at the enemy.

I thought it was interesting that in my non political reading this should come up just now...as we launch the Wolf Pack Campaign!

Serendipity. The gods are smiling upon us!

The Gunslinger
Enemy of the Imperial State (EOTIS)
Vampire/Cannibal Hunter
Member of the Wolf Clan

2 comments:

  1. I am EOTIS. I am also a WPM (Wolf Pack Member) I am also sending some postcard missiles.

    Slingbaby, you rock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hail the Ûlfhednar!

    (And, I'm sorta getting to like that "Slingbaby" thing.)

    ReplyDelete