Saturday, May 17, 2008

TV and Guns

Sorry about the dearth of new posts. I've got Idol Fever...and am fretting over David Cook.

And I don't mind admitting it.

HE. MUST. WIN.

If you don't want depressed ramblings on this blog for the next six weeks, watch American Idol on Tuesday night, and VOTE for Cook. A. LOT.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I haven't paid a moment's attention to the show for 6 years, but got pulled in this season by my sister. And I am so glad. What a spectacle. And I mean that in a good way. There are more honest, hardworking, humble, talented, generous, smart people on the stage of American Idol than can be found in all of Washington D.C.

That America chooses to honor these remarkable youngsters with their attention and time shows their innate preference for good people...as opposed to the circus of mutants forcing themselves down our throats with millions of stolen dollars and so much self-serving bullshit we're drowning in it.

I'm punchin' the next asshole that snidely remarks that the country is going to hell because Americans are more interested in American Idol than the American President.

That's right, fathead. Trust me. The only people who ever say that have never deigned to watch the show. They're too serious and intellectual. Uh-huh.

End rant for now.


* * * *

I'm also the Chairman of the NoCal Friends of NRA Fundraising Committee. We've got an event coming up on the Aircraft Carrier Hornet on July 25, so I'm starting to get really busy.

It's a dinner. And the venue is amazing! If you live anywhere within reasonable driving distance of Alameda (Oakland) let me know. I'll sell you a ticket! There's lots of stuff to see (and buy!), and lots of guns to win! And of course, good food.

What's not to like?

Well, I rambled longer than I meant to. And I really need some non-Idol and non-NRA downtime. So I'm gonna sign off for the night.

(Wow, I just realized how red-neck this post sounds! Hah! American Idol and the NRA.... pretty funny from a former San Francisco Liberal...eat your heart out Nancy Pelosi!)

The Gunslinger

6 comments:

  1. Hey Gunslinger!

    I've been reading your blog for some time now and commenting occasionally.
    (Bill Henry) I post anonymously cause Blogger is such a pain in the butt about staying current with passwords and such. I could care less whether or not people know my name and where I live. Ha..

    Any ways... I have really enjoyed watching (and reading) your journey of conversion.

    There is only one show that I watch on TV. (besides the military channel and occasional history channel) and that show is American Idol. It is the only show we let our little boys watch on tv as well.. It is truly the only show which I think accurately represents the American Dream...

    Misti (My lovely sexy talented wife) and I are right with you on David Cook.. talent wise that is.. lol.. He is an engaging and talented red blooded American kid. Now if I could only get my daughter (23) connected with a guy like that.

    Just for bragging rights... David Cooks home town is just minutes away from our country home. And one of his best friends from school is one of my customers! He says that he is a great guy.. humble and talented.

    Well .. as your conversion progresses.. I will start keeping an eye out for properties in Missouri for you. Its the next logical step on the road to recovery from Liberalosis. lol

    Take Care and God Bless

    Bill Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've seen it and I just don't like it... not really my kind of music. But they say there's no accounting for taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GS, I could give you a stern lecture concerning 'hell and handbaskets', and where Idol is taking America.

    However, you're post was so cute, I'll leave it alone

    Bosco

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill, please keep an eye out for a nice "bunker" property for me. I'm SO ready to leave this crazy California the moment I retire.

    So glad to know that our DC is as nice as he seems. I'd heard that before, and your confirmation just makes me happier.

    Nice to know that my "vibe" detector is still working!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jag,

    You don't like Rock? DC's a rocker, who stayed true to his edge throughout the show.

    That's why I like him.

    Have you checked out his self-produced solo album, Analog Heart? He's a good song writer.

    I admit to not being overly fond of balladeers and baby-pop. But I've only seen AI this season. So I can't comment on what's usually on. I understand that rockers have not been favored in the past.

    But DC gave AI some credibility. His winning provides them with a little music relevance.

    Perhaps not with some terminally hip indie/alt rockers. But they are so incredibly boring that it really doesn't matter much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bosco, thanks for the restraint.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete