Friday, October 26, 2007

Leaving Mommy's Basement

Have you ever dropped in on the Democratic Underground? Or the Daily Kos?

I can't take much of it, but one thing about them is exceedingly clear. Their rage is impotent. They threaten "action" and to "take it to the streets"...always in vain. Much of their bandwidth is filled with angst and disappointment because the party or the politicians or the world are not joining them in their particular hysteria. They howl for their heroes like Al Gore, George Soros, Dennis Kucinich to save them.

It's all rather...well...pitiful. It's obvious they don't actually do, and never will do anything they threaten. Or anything constructive. Or, honestly, even anything destructive. They are angry posers. Rhetorical rebels. They remain safely tucked away in their basements and studio apartments screaming soundlessly into cyberspace.

As I was making this sad assessment, I realized that we're in danger of being the same. We post, we howl and whine. But what are we really doing?

If we don't like what's happening, we're going to have to change it. And if our countries are taken over by forces inimical to liberty and to our race and our culture, how the hell can we complain if we don't lift a finger to stop it.

I've had enough of being a voice crying in the wilderness. Time for another tactic. Tactics. Strategy. A Plan.

Let the DU and DK screech into the wind. I'm switching to Patriot-Citizen-Soldier mode.

Stand by for more.

The Gunslinger

6 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I've been thinking along much the same lines as of late...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mrsmith...

    Things MUST change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. “There is no commonly acknowledged conservative position today, and any claim to the contrary is easy to make sport of.” —William F. Buckley, Jr.

    Bringing together conservatives is, at best, extremely difficult. I've been asked why conservatives have no unified counter to the likes of Cindy Sheehan and her hordes. My immediate response was that we're too busy being productive and making a living, a friend suggested that we're too polite to respond in kind.
    A while ago I had a minor epiphany that may shed a more realistic light on the matter.
    It seems to me that liberals and those who tend to vote democrat feel some need to belong or be a part of something. Labor unions, teacher unions, minorities, the entertainment industry, they all want to group together for mutual approval and are willing to be led by which ever charismatic flavor of the day blows smoke up their ass. Perhaps they lacked proper nurturing as children or are subject to some other Freudian psychosis. How can a rational, free thinking individual let someone, whom he may have never met, tell him how to vote? Ask the next union member you come across. How can the majority of a minority sit back and allow the rantings of Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson be accepted as the opinion of an entire race of people? Ask a neighbor.
    On the other hand, conservatives are much more independent; trying to shepherd them into a common corral is near impossible.
    I'm a proud life member of the NRA. I listen to Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck. I visit Gunslinger's Journal, Freedom Fighter's Journal, National Review Online, and TMQ2 almost daily. I disagree with them all upon occasion. Without researching it myself, I would no more accept Wayne LaPierre's telling me how to vote than I would Louis Farrakan. And therein lies the difference; we exercise our ability to think and act as individuals.
    Before we can come up with a plan we must agree on what we agree upon , not generally but specifically, and from there build an ideal that we might embrace as worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I see is people on both extremes saying "we're good, smart, polite; they're bad, stupid, rude." It happens on Daily Kos, and it happens here.

    Even though the fingers are pointed in different directions, I find the tone and accusations on blogs like Daily Kos and Gunslinger's Journal to be pretty similar.

    I consider myself a liberal, but I want nothing to do with blogs like the Daily Kos, which I find to be an embarrassment and a place for wing-nuts.

    The counter to Cindy Sheehan and her hordes is Ann Coulter and her hordes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You think the Gunslinger is extreme? No, she's just sane. I've got a few 'extreme' people on my blogroll, if you'd care to compare. You could maybe start with Battle for Britain, if you think you could survive it.

    Nota bene, reality is extreme.

    ReplyDelete