Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Remnant

Bill Whittle, at Eject! Eject! Eject! has an amazing and...well...comforting...analysis of the situation we find ourselves in. You know, the one in which we are all going crazy because the West we love is slowly, blindly and carelessly commiting suicide!

Read it and see if you don't agree with him. (I left a comment...twice...damn my shitty techno skills!)

While I've been thinking that an actual, physical locale, located in this dimension is a good idea, his idea of a virtual one absolutely has its merits. No reason we can't do both!

Whittle's point is that there are people...The Remnant...who, after the West destroys itself, will rebuild it. He claims such people have always existed among us, and will not let the light of Western Civilization die out—because they have the light within them.

He says a lot of them don't even know it. That they will act when the time comes, realizing that the glory that was our civilization must not be allowed to pass away. He says that such people will gather and act, spontaneously, from the quality of their characters.

Whittle's guess is that there are a few per thousand people. A distinct minority. But he claims that they will 'be enough'...because quality counts more than quantity.

I suggest you go and read it. (There are 3 parts. Be sure to read all three) And we'll talk more, later.

The Gunslinger

8 comments:

  1. GS, or Gunny, yeah that does sound good, isn't it a joy to read Bill Whittle, I was waiting so long. Ilove the ideas he has, along our lines eh.
    I am Remnant for sure, we must transfer our thoughts and our virtues to others, he sure does think there is still hope, I am a little wary, but am in on his plan.
    How did you like the phrase he coined,(Compound Isolation Disorder,)
    I think he was talking right at me with that one, HA!
    Thank you Gunny for getting me onto him those months ago.

    My 3hr drive north of here, unfortunately did not produce the results I was wishing for, a few too many problems with some of the out-buildings. But I am still scouring the area, and am confident something will come up.
    Also I am going to be a little slow for the next little while as I have broken my tenth rib on my right side,(long story) Oh well such is my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running late tonight. Don't have time to reply in full. Will do tomorrow.

    I had to laugh at that too! OK, we don't have to get "compound" crazy, but it wouldn't hurt to have a locale ready when the Remnant need a place to sleep!

    I think we can do both...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's just me, but I'm inherently suspicious of 'big tent' mentalities such as espoused in this guy's 'Tribes' post. Can't quite figure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love EjectEjectEject, last time I looked he was asking for input for a new slogan. So glad to see he's writing again.

    I love his idea, but I still want a compound with dogs and guns! A walmart nearby would be good too :)

    Mr. Smith, I liked his Tribes post, it resonated with me, maybe it's an American thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not just an American thing, that's for sure. The compound should also be near a Tim Horton's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem with a compound with even a few hundred people...

    ...the Feds.

    We can keep the riff-raff out of a compound, but we can't keep out the tyrants. They have bigger guns.

    Just moving to a freer state will be good enough for long enough for some of us...but tyranny has a way of sneaking up on you.

    The only way to save America is to recreate it in its own original image, in a Free State that has all the government apparatus necessary for credibility, legitimacy, defense and power.

    Otherwise, its just tilting at windmills.

    Individual people may be able to "opt out" of the system (at great inconvenience), but groups of people will constitute a threat that the power mongers won't tolerate.

    The only way to succeed, survive and pass Liberty on to the next generations is to have a safe base of operations that would-be tyrants cannot control.

    A compound of free people is a threat they can deal with.

    A State of Free People, is one they have to fear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What about a creeping overtaking of a State? A restraint from declaring independence until everything (most especially defense capabilities and self-sustainment) is in place? If they can't crack your defenses and can't starve you out by seige, you have no worries, surely?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A creeping overtaking of a State is JUST what I have in mind.

    People simply moving, as people are wont to do in a free country.

    The fact that they're all individually moving into a particular State isn't against the law.

    Soon, voting patterns change, laws change, regulations are repealed, freedom is rampant...what a concept!

    ReplyDelete