The thrust of the article suggests that Donald Trump is using emotion rather than facts to cynically manipulate the electorate to vote for him.
I believe he might be a great salesman and appeal emotionally. But I don't believe he's cynical or strictly self-serving as the author seems to. I believe he means what he says, and genuinely loves America...and Americans, our traditions and culture, and seeks to reclaim and preserve it.
(Call me naive...)
Anyway here's the comment, ostensibly agreeing with the article in its simple listing of points made...then he throws down the zinger—obvious to anyone who has been frustrated by the left's appeals to emotions and ignoring of facts for the last century...
- — - — - — -
1. Trump knows people are basically irrational.
2. Knowing that people are irrational, Trump aims to appeal on an emotional level.
3. By running on emotion, facts don’t matter.
4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”
5. With fewer facts in play, it’s easier to bend reality.
6. To bend reality, Trump is a master of identity politics — and identity is the strongest persuader.
And this is exactly why the Left hate him, he's beating them at their OWN game! LOL!"
Of Traitors and Cucks
2 weeks ago