Friday, March 01, 2013

Rock & Roll Politics



I mostly don't care much about the Rolling Stones anymore. I mean I don't have anything against them, but I've, like heard all the music. A lot.

They haven't really been on my "favorite bands" list for a while.

But I think I have to put them back on it. Check this out.

The boys are defying an attempt to get them to boycott their planned concert in Jerusalem, by anti-Semitic Leftdog Israel haters.

In fact, this was their response:

“We’ve been slammed and smacked and twittered a lot by the anti-Israeli side,” said Mick Jagger, the band’s leader and most recognizable member since 1963. “All I can say is: anything worth doing is worth overdoing. So we decided to add a concert on Tuesday.”

“We’ve been slammed and smacked and twittered a lot by the anti-Israeli side,” said Mick Jagger, the band’s leader and most recognizable member since 1963. “All I can say is: anything worth doing is worth overdoing. So we decided to add a concert on Tuesday.” - See more at: http://weaselzippers.us/2013/03/01/rolling-stones-defy-boycott-groups-to-perform-in-israel/#sthash.7sa6CytK.dpuf
God love 'em.

I'm totally buying their next record.

/Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment