Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Reporting Baltimore

Here is my position:  Shoot looters. Shoot to kill. Croak a few, and the looting will stop.

I only mention that as a prelude to what I'm going to say, so that you will understand that I am not about "giving people space to destroy". I'm not even willing to give people space to break a window...

And, I have no time or patience for race riots. In America. The best possible place for Negroes on the planet. Blacks who riot are thugs. End of.

They are also patently stupid, as they always destroy their own neighborhoods.

So....all that being said, I would like to hereby stand up and defend Baltimore's Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake. She did NOT say what was generally attributed to her, she did NOT instruct the police to give people "space to destroy".

Here are her exact words:

“It's a very delicate balancing act because while we tried to make sure they were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we gave those who wished to destroy space to do that, as well,” she said in the wake of Saturday's protests in Baltimore.

What she said might have been a little awkwardly stated, but what she clearly meant was by giving protesters space to protest, they had inadvertently also given rioters space to riot.

The underlined words were taken out of context. Standing alone, they seem to say something entirely different than what she actually said. No fair, decent, honest reporter would do that. If it ain't the WHOLE story, it ain't the TRUE story.

Don't get me wrong. I suspect mayor Rawlings-Blake is an idiot. She is, after all a black Democrat...and that right there indicates that she has either not identified or thought through the "keep them on the plantation" slave-master mentality of the Democrat party. She is a black democrat mayor of a black democrat city that is falling apart....as they are wont to do, and has not seemed to have indicated any intention of changing course to actually repair or rebuild the broken city and the underlying causes.

I am not in her corner. I am almost certainly an ideological opponent on every level.

But she did NOT say what the "right wing media" rushed to report she said.  And that really pisses me off. If we cannot trust the Right to be right...in the face of the lies and deceptions of the Left....what hope is there?

We cannot rush to embrace stories just because they confirm our prejudices, biases or ideologies...no matter how juicy. If we do, we're no better than the evil, brainless progressives.

And we simply cannot have that.

/gun




3 comments:

  1. The fact that she didn't preface the "destroy" statement with "unfortunately" or "however" suggests that she meant it as stated and reported.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe the "while we tried"...is the mitigating phrase that implies the "unfortunately". Though not as clear, I believe that's what it meant.

      She's a lousy speaker (and a lousy thinker and a lousy mayor), so I could, I suppose over analyzing her statement (I do that). But I'm just trying to be clear on the facts, and not let myself run with my emotions...into a story that's just too good to check carefully.

      Delete
  2. "...what she clearly meant was by giving protesters space to protest, they had inadvertently also given rioters space to riot."

    I agree that her statement can be taken two ways, but I'm not so sure that that's what she clearly meant. Question: Did she order the Baltimore cops to let 'em riot, or did they decide to stand down on their own? Seems odd that they would do that without pressure from their bosses...

    ReplyDelete