Friday, January 30, 2015

A Light in the Darkness?

I'm reading "Secession Begins at Home", on Von Mises website.

I haven't even finished it, but it contained a simple statement so profound that I could not resist posting it here immediately.

This I might always have been obvious to others, but it was a revelation to me. And I can see that it is absolutely true.

In one simple paragraph, it both clarifies the problem and indicates the solution.
(emphasis mine)

Politics is a trailing indicator. Culture leads, politics follows. There cannot be a political sea change in America unless and until there is a philosophical, educational, and cultural sea change. Over the last 100 years progressives have overtaken education, media, fine arts, literature, and pop culture — and thus as a result they have overtaken politics. Not the other way around.

And this...

"...secession is a tactically superior approach in my view: it is far less daunting to convince liberty-minded people to walk away from the state than to convince those with a statist mindset to change.

 Because...

"...we make a fatal mistake when we dilute our message to seek approval from people who seemingly are hardwired to oppose us. And we waste precious time and energy. "

I highly recommend reading the whole thing, and if you are one of "us"....let's talk.

The Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment