Wednesday, July 09, 2014

What the Tea Party Believes

In words everyone can understand*


1) Leave me alone

2) Leave my stuff alone

3) Get out of my way

4) Don't be an jerk



Among other things, this is what the above can mean:

1) Government that doesn't tell me what to think, what I must say, what I can't say; that doesn't intrude on every moment and area of my personal, religious, political life; that doesn't spy on me, listen to my phone calls, go through my bank account, persecute me because I belong to the Tea Party.

2) Government that doesn't regulate my company (the one I own or the one I work for) out of existence; that doesn't tell me "you didn't build that"; that doesn't tax every dollar I make, because I am self sufficient and productive; that doesn't steal my property, or the just, honest, fair and reasonable use thereof.

3) Government that doesn't require excessive licensing, applications, proofs, petitions, oaths and bonds...to do anything from starting a business, setting up a lemonade stand, hiring a babysitter, walking a dog, making a donation, home-schooling kids, and pretty much everything else...

4) Citizens (in and out of government) ought to try to be moral, ethical, virtuous. We should all practice the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Would we have Fast & Furious, NSA, IRS, Benghazi, the VA SCANDAL, the Border Crisis, the lawless pRresident and Justice(!) Department, the "Knock-out Game", the perpetual "Race Card", the  rising crimes rates in cities like Chicago, voter fraud, voter fraud coverup, voter intimidation/un-prosecuted, welfare fraud, bald-faced lies by Ă˜bama, Pelosi, Reid, et al, if we all actually believed and practiced that?

Leave me alone. Leave my shit alone. Get the fuck out of my way. Don't be an asshole.

(Hey...I'm still working on #4.)

/gun


*(With thanks and appreciation to Bill Whittle, who started it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment