Friday, May 25, 2012

This is a refreshing column. There really isn't the slightest whiff of Political Correctness about it. Which makes me realize how many of our own have been "turned"...even if just a little, by the need to not be "offensive".

Read it. I think you'll see what I mean. I'm going to search out other stuff he's done. (No doubt I'm woefully uninformed...) He makes me feel intellectually at home.

F.H. Buckley's  MEET THE FLUKES, on American Spectator.
There’s a uniquely American ritual that has so far escaped the attention of cultural anthropologists. A group of people huddle, near a water cooler perhaps. One of them lowers his head, looks nervously from side to side, and then begins to speak softly, so that no one else might hear.


You’ve caught him in the act of perpetrating a joke.
The Gunslinger

No comments:

Post a Comment