Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sex and Rock & Roll

This morning I wasn't exactly depressed. There was no black ball of darkness lodged in my solar plexus.

Huh...

First time in almost four months.

Maybe it's just a lucky morning, or maybe I'm turning some sort of corner in the quitting smoking bad craziness.

I've been working up to some kind of resolution with new interests....or rather, resurrected ones.

It's a little disconcerting. I was expecting to return to normal eventually after quitting smoking. But I don't think that's happenin'.

It's more like there's a New Normal I'm going to have to get used to... full of new sensations, new demands, new appetites and massive amounts of energy.

Like I'm returning to the day before I started to smoke.

I was 16.

I told my girlfriend that I feel like I'm taking some kind of upper...I'm buzzing all the time.

....she said, "It's called oxygen".

She's a smartass.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler said of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll.

"When you quit drugs you have a lot more time for the other two."

Considering nicotine a drug....I think he might have a point.

I am definitely rockin' the R&R.

The other is none of your business.

The Gunslinger

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back, we've missed you.
    Now... define normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. You had me worried for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GS,
    Good to see you.

    Bill Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I stopped smoking four years ago now, my sense of smell is so strong that it's almost a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back. Quitting takes some guts. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gunslingers Journal concerning about the sex and rock & roll. And also There was no black ball of darkness lodged in my solar plexus.

    ReplyDelete