Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Blog Notice

I will be getting my refurbished, beautiful, upgraded, updated iMac back with the very latest operating system: "Snow Leopard" on it....Saturday.

Delivery is delayed because I opted to wait for the intro date for Snow Leopard which is Friday, rather than buying the previous OS and upgrading two days later...

On Friday, however, I will be in Sacramento for the Tea Party Express kick-off demonstration for the Tour they're making across the country, to arrive in Washington, D. C. on 9/12 for the big March on Washington taking place 9/12-13. (Unfortunately traveling to D.C. is not an option just now.)

So, it'll be Saturday before I'm back in the regular blog routine.

Thanks, everyone for hanging in there...

In the meantime, can I suggest a book ....a skinny, amazing, down to earth, clear, wonderful book that articulates our point of view with clarity and simplicity?

The Conscience of a Conservative, by Barry Goldwater.

It was written in 1960...and I'm just getting around to reading it now. I want to say "I should have read this so long ago", but I have a feeling I was supposed to read it right now. Because, what I'm reading is confirmation of the conclusions I have come to in my own evolution since 9-11-01.

And he might have written it yesterday...given that the principles he propounds are eternal and universal.

I can't recommend it enough. Like Glenn Beck's Common Sense, I really do recommend you carry The Conscience of a Conservative around with you...so you'll be armed against any argument for collectivism, government programs, State control, "social justice", redistribution of wealth, a "public option" for health care, or anti-capitalism of any stripe.

And if you've already read it, READ IT AGAIN!

The Gunslinger
Enemy of the Imperial State (EOTIS)
Vampire/Cannibal Hunter
Wolfpack

1 comment:

  1. Snow Leopard will be at my door this FRI. Tiger was cool. Leopard is cool and more efficient, but I try to stay current.

    Current like Goldwater writing "The Conscience of a Conservative" in 1960. I'm going to read it again...if I can find mine, otherwise, I'll get another copy.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    Have a good day...

    ReplyDelete