Friday, April 17, 2009

CNN's "Reporter"

I just sent the following letter to CNN because of this:



I can't help wondering where you hire your "reporters"?

From ACORN? From Barack Obama's campaign? From the Progressive Caucus?

The shameful and ignorant display of agenda driven advocacy that presented itself as "reporting" by Susan Roesgen made a mockery of the proud history of journalism, and of any attempt by CNN to represent itself as a "news" organization.

It's too bad I wasn't there when Ms. Roesgen demanded to know why anyone would be angry about taxes when the state of Lincoln was getting $4 billion dollars from the federal government.

I would have asked her where she imagines that money came from. I can only suppose that Ms. Roesgen is unaware of the fact that "the government" does not HAVE any money, and does not MAKE any money, but that every dime they "give away" is looted from someone else in the form of....

....wait for it....


.....TAXES!

As a reporter, Ms. Roesgen is an ignorant boob. As a human being, she is rude and offensive. As a political hack, she is transparent and clumsy.

Not a very good reflection on the professionalism of your network.

I don't suppose it will make the slightest difference. But it felt good to send it.

The Gunslinger

1 comment:

  1. Of course,it was sent to "File 13" (i.e.,deleted)as soon as the first sentence was read.I was standing in a bank line a few months ago,and they had a tv monitor playing CNN.I was shocked by how bad it was I'd never actually seen it before).As a former editor-in-chief of a school newspaper (okay,it was in the sixth-grade,but still...).We had standards of professional comportment,back then...Why don't they drop the "news" pretense,and change their name to "TASS"? I'm sure she wishes she was in Trinidad now,or wherever the hell Obama is jetting off to next.

    ReplyDelete