Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Hillary Off Life Support

I'm pretty happy today. Our little Hillary kicked some sand into Obie's face.

Finally.

Frankly, I never thought she'd pull it off. You know what helped? Honestly? SNL satirizing the press for falling all over themselves at Obies feet. AND Hill's appearance on the show...being herself, and actually funny. I heard Obie was stiff and rather un-funny. Not good.

There seems to be a growing idea that without a script, he's not so enchanting, or quick on his feet, so clever, so perfect. And when his signature dismissing of criticism with a one-liner doesn't work...he's not sure quite what to do next. He was not pleased at a recent press conference...indeed, actually stalked off when the questioning got less than devotional and adoring.

Now that's entertainment.

I would never have thought I'd be happy to see Hillary Clinton rising in the polls and beating an opponent. Of course I never thought I'd see Hillary running as an underdog, raising less money, or being trashed 24-7 by Big Media.

There must be a mirror somewhere that I fell through. 'Cause this just isn't the world I'm used to.

The Gunslinger

1 comment:

  1. I found myself in the same position, rooting for Hillary to stave off even a BHO nomination. Maybe it would be better to have a general election battle between the Agenda of Resentment and Freedom and Opportunity but if McAmnesty won't face a fundamental issue like the border honestly there's no reason to think he'd make a good case for F&O. Ergo, we just can't take a chance.

    ReplyDelete