Friday, November 09, 2007

The World (Left) Hates America

My friend, Pete, gave me an iPod for my birthday. Man, it is the coolest thing on the planet! I honestly don't know how ever I lived without it. I listen to podcasts of my favorite talk shows (no commercials!)

As a result, I've been listening to a lot of Dennis Prager, and I really like this guy. He's very thoughtful, and very smart. One of the insights he shared recently is that "The World" doesn't hate America, the LEFT hates America, no matter what country they live in.

Since the media in the West is overwhelmingly Left, they report the opinion of the Left as though it were the only one; assuming every thinking person in their own country agrees with them. It becomes the Party Line and the Conventional Wisdom.

The French Left hates America. The French Media are part of the French Left. They report their own prejudices as "fact", and leave the impression that the French hate America.

Why did I not see this? It happens before my eyes in my own country!

The French LEFT hates America. The English LEFT hates America, the German LEFT, the Italian LEFT, the Spanish LEFT, the Belgian, Swiss, Swedish...LEFT

It seems so obvious now that Prager pointed it out. But I didn't get it before. I bought the propaganda...that America was hated by the world.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't CARE much. But I believed it. And it was a little frustrating, given what good world citizens we are and have been.

Now I know better. And it's nice to think that in every one of those countries, there are whole populations of people who like us; who know who and what we are...and approve, who remember what we do that's GOOD...and want to be our friends.

What a good thing. What good news.

And it's an even better thing to have that ammo for the inevitable conversation with a DUmmie Moonbat that shouts about how America is hated by the whole world. We can calmly point out that the World doesn't hate America...just the World Left.

And Sarkozy, in his lovely speech to Congess, just helped us make that point.

And considering that a person or country can be judged by the enemies it makes, we can be proud that we have made the Left of the entire world our profound enemy. Good on us.

The Gunslinger

5 comments:

  1. The left usually hates their own countries as well, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to decide whether or not to get an ipod... you nearly convince me. My problem would be - will I actually use it. I could just download the stuff to my pc and listen. LOL.

    And yes, the LEFT has always hated America... the world over. Many Europeans are "left", but those who are not - are not even let in on the conversation... at least until the internet showed up.

    We're slowly making progress in showing that the LEFT does not speak for everyone and never has. Maybe we should thank Algore for inventing the internet so we get our say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harbinger.....where you bean brudda?
    Hope everything's cool.

    Re: the Left...I don't know. I guess if they're Western Countries, yeah.

    Did the Lefties who lived in East Germany hate it? Or were they all Stasi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa,

    I swear, when I first got it I loaded it up with music and bopped my way through about a week...then it went into the drawer. C'mon, I'm a great-aunt for goodness sake. My need for a "soundtrack of life" is really minimal.

    But as soon as I figured out I could have my favorite mind-stimulating talkers on it...I use it literally every day!

    I'm thinking I might even be able to exercise (!) with this thing.
    The biggest reason I haven't been able to stick with a program is the BOREDOM.

    I just can't STAND the lack of intellectual stimulation heretofore required for physical exercise.

    This could make the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I just can't STAND the lack of intellectual stimulation heretofore required for physical exercise."

    LOL!!! I do types of exercise that require utter concentration - that's why I never liked running (even when I was younger and thought it would be good for me), couldn't stand aerobics... OMG kill me now! Loved tae kwon do, also tai chi - when they are done right - you have to pay very close attention to what you are doing.

    Right now I'm doing pilates - when done correctly also means focusing totally on what you're doing so you do it right.

    If I don't exercise I'll turn into a blob - and it's way too easy for me to just not do anything - so I make myself do things. But they must involve focus and concentration. *grin*

    So, I'd have to listen to the ipod at other times. LOL. I'm still thinking about it - I do travel way more now than I used to (several times a year - other than never) so maybe it would be a good thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete